Ghostwood, bacon and mushrooms. What is there not to like! This dip is hearty, savory and delicious. Feel free to add a little more Ghostwood to your liking. – Jan
Ghostwood Bacon and Mushroom dip
- 3 tbsp Ghostwood bourbon
- 1 lb bacon
- 16 oz fresh mushrooms, fine chopped
- 5 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion, fine chopped
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Couple dashes of hot sauce, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fry bacon until crispy, set aside, drain, saving drippings.
- Add some drippings to fry pan, sauté onions and garlic until softened, add ground pepper, remove from pan. Add small spoonful of bacon drippings to pan, add chopped spinach. Sauté until wilted, remove from pan
- Add another small spoonful of drippings to pan, add mushrooms. Sauté until all liquid removed and browned.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise. Stir until smooth. Add Parmesan cheese and Ghostwood bourbon. Add hot sauce, if desired. Stir until combined.
- Crumble bacon, add all prepared ingredients, stir to combine. Add more pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into a baking dish. Top with some grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Serve with corn chips or sturdy tortilla chips.