Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
If you are like me, you are hunting down recipes, making grocery lists, trying to decide how big of a turkey you will need. I love this holiday. Just getting together with family and friends is so much fun. I love the smell of that turkey roasting and hearing the sounds of people talking and laughing together.
I hope on that day, whether you are at home or in a restaurant, you take a moment to just take it all in and just be thankful for everything we have in this wonderful country of ours. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody.
GHOSTWOOD Pumpkin Tart with Walnut Streusel
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- 15 oz canned solid pumpkin (not the pie filling)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup GHOSTWOOD
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, remember to toast them to bring out oils
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, orange zest and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. I used a food processor for this step.
- Add egg.
- Gradually add cream, mixing until a ball forms.
- Refrigerate, covered for 30 minutes until it is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 13 inch circle. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 11 inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Combine all filling ingredients, pour into crust.
- For the topping, whisk flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in toasted walnuts. Sprinkle mixture over filling.
- Bake until knife inserted in middle comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with GHOSTWOOD whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.