We had some nasty winter weather pass through last week. We were hunkered down for several days waiting for the ice to melt. When the weather is like that, I head to the kitchen and see what can be created. These layer bars are so good! I have discovered that Ghostwood tastes good in pretty much everything.
Ghostwood Layer Bars
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 1 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp GHOSTWOOD
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1/3 c sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. You can line it with parchment paper if you want to lift the bars out and cut perfect squares, or just put ingredients directly in pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until well
incorporated. Press firmly into baking pan.
- Using same bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk and Ghostwood. Pour over cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, peanuts and coconut. Press down firmly.
- Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into bars.